Monday, April 25, 2011

the time is now

Yesterday after eating multiple delicious meals for Easter my MIL and Brent's Aunt Scherrie and I were talking about how much we all love to eat and how we all want to lose weight. Brent's family loves to cook, and I mean LOVES to cook. A typical line up of food here at the farm is some type of fried sandwich for breakfast; be it fried egg and bacon, fried bologna, or fried ham, I usually opt for a grilled cheese, and all is accompanied by a coca-cola. Then for lunch comes a plethora of things such as fried chicken, fried pork chops, macaroni pie, always rice, butter beans cooked with "butts meat", sometimes there's fried squash, yams, green beans, cabbage, and always cornbread or biscuits. And to go with that is a big plate of butter and some Karo syrup or grape jelly. (I'm sure your mouths are watering...)

All this sounds absolutely amazing, right? Well when you eat like that everyday and drink sweet sugary tea and coca-cola it has an effect on your body. You start to gain weight, retain water, your blood pressure goes up, and then up goes your cholesterol. Last November I was probably in the worse shape of my life so I decided it was time for a change! I changed my diet and started going to the gym everyday and sometimes twice a day. Then I started working full time. AT THE FARM! So I went back into the grilled cheese and fried chicken routine. Now here I am again at the start of the summer looking and feeling not so good!

So today is the day for a change. Brent carried my small refrigerator to the office for me so I can keep bottled water and healthy food options in it. I am going to get some fruits and veggies to keep in there and things like turkey and yogurt. That way I won't have to go up to the kitchen for any reason and be tempted by the fried chicken legs!

Side note:: Congratulations to Adam and Morgan Barwick! They just found out today that they are having a baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment