Friday, April 22, 2011

Rainy day

It's a rainy day at the farm today. If paychecks were finished I would go home and get in the bed and watch movies all day BUT I have to wait around to pay the truck drivers. Since I don't write the checks anymore I have to wait until the new girls prints them, Chris signs them, and then I have to go pick them up and bring them back to the farm to be dispersed. Since my job is finished for the moment I thought I would share some neat things I've found while browsing the internet this morning!

First an amazing breakfast recipe for Scotch Eggs:
1 lb. breakfast sausage
1/2 c. breadcrumbs
8 eggs

Hard boil the eggs (roughly 10 minutes), drain water, and peel the eggs.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Grab a chunk of sausage and flatten it out in your palm, then place the egg in the middle and wrap the sausage around the egg until it is completely covered. (Repeat 7 more times)
Roll the sausage/egg in breadcrumbs and place on cookie sheet.
Bake them for about 30 minutes until the sausage is cooked.

Next are some amazing mason jar lights I found on Etsy by BootsNGus! I'm trying to figure out how many I can fit into our house! :)
They make them in all different sizes, shapes, and colors. Very unique and definitely a conversation piece!

This weekend is Easter also, so the scotch eggs would be fun for an Easter brunch! Normally I go to the beach every year for Easter with Mom and Dad but this year, for the first time, I don't think I am going to make it. I've been gone pretty much every weekend for the past month and after my tour of the midwest last week I don't feel like getting in the car again for longer than 30 minutes. So thankfully I will have a weekend to clean my house and catch up on laundry. (And hose off the greenish yellow film that has enveloped our house now that Spring has arrived in full force!)

Happy Good Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment