Saturday, May 7, 2011

wedding belles

If you have ever registered for gifts, you know what a high it can be. Today marked my second attempt at registering at Belk. I think I am cursed. The first time I drove the three hours to Charlotte that had a horrible storm the night before, so the scan gun for the registry didn't work and I had to hand write everything I wanted. THEN the Woodland Spode pieces that I wanted, Belk didn't carry them and they would have to be special ordered. I thought today would prove to be much better, but of course, it wasn't.

I got my scan gun and headed to sheets and towels. I hit a few Ralph Lauren towels and then went back to look for everyday dinnerware. After making my way back down Belk Southpark's four stories I go to scan a beautiful Kate Spade Wickford dinner plate and the scan gun freezes.... The lady from bridal registry reset the gun, I scanned my plate and punched in 12, hit enter and NOTHING. So once again I went through Belk with a clipboard and pen writing down all the lovely things I wanted. I am VERY excited about some of the things on the list though. Mom thought I was being ridiculous registering for Waterford crystal, but if it's not on your list, no one will know that you want it! (It was only two glasses anyway...)

Then we made our way to Pottery Barn where their scan gun worked perfectly. I walked the store over five or six times popping every bar code that caught my eye! I could buy everything that Pottery Barn makes. It reminds me of the Friends episode.... HAH!

Now I'm sitting here making a list of everything I have left to do before the big day. Which includes: rehearsal dinner dress, reception dress (yes I'm having TWO), wedding shoes, wedding jewelry, finish the guest list, find a wedding cake... and the list goes on! It was exactly one year ago tomorrow that Brent proposed to me, May 8th. My how the time has flown by. I thought I had forever until the wedding date and now we are T minus 5 months! SCARY! And we are trying to finish a house...

Pray for me..... and check out my registries! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment