Thursday, May 26, 2011

and another..



okay so i am falling in love with everything today. i have a bad habit of finding stuff that i can't live without, buying it, never taking it out of the box, and putting it in storage. that way when we move into the house i can unpack everything and still be fresh and excited about it. i have that bad habit especially with anthropologie. i want everything in their store. (especially all of the kitchen stuff) i've already bought the farmers egg crate, the little milk jug measuring cups, etc etc and now they have a few new things that i am obsessed with..... the farmers market basket. it's just like the blue farmer's egg crate, same material, cast out of a real container and to die for! i think i'm going to get the large one in white and the small one in the neutral color. is it sad that i am planning on having a cutesy decorated refrigerator? next i'll be looking for posh tupperware!

it's funny how your tastes change over the years. i can remember when i first saw anthro i thought it was some weirdo hippie store and now i buy tons of stuff there. my mom was saying the other day that she doesn't know what i like anymore or really anything about me in my mid-20's. so maybe i should tell a few things about myself (just for you mama!) that people may not know....

1. i collect aprons. i have somewhere around 10 right now and still counting. i usually find some of my most favorite ones from anthro. (imagine that)

this is one that my mom gave me for my birthday. the picture doesn't quite do it justice, the blue/green color is much more vivid in person.

2. i'm obsessed with black leggings and black Nike workout pants. i wear them with almost everything.

if i do shop for something other than gym clothes i normally go to Anne Taylor LOFT, Anthro, and JCrew.

3. my favorite place to shop lately is Lowes Home Improvement. i go there multiple times during the week and yesterday i found an entire new section with organizing stuff that i had never seen before so needless to say, i'll be back there very soon!

4. i follow the pioneer woman religiously. and the new tasty kitchen is awesome! (thank you thank you thank you to my friend nikki reese for turning me on to her. it has been the inspiration for this blog, my avid photo taking, and my desire to write a cookbook.)

5. oh yeah, i'm in the process of writing a cookbook. i can't plow ahead as i would like until the house and my kitchen are finished but i am in the process of collecting recipes right now. any good recipes y'all have, please send them my way! i will soon start cooking all of them and adjusting measurements and such. i am SUPER excited about this.

6. i have a collection of nail polish. whenever i get some extra cash i splurge on essie and opi nail polish and i think i have every shade of pink and brown known to man. this is my newest favorite, it's called "sand tropez" ...

7. i LOVE gushers. particularly the watermelon ones. for christmas last year all i asked for was a giant bag of them. so naturally, brent bought boxes of gushers, opened each pack and filled a ziploc bag with them. i was in heaven! it's still my night time guilty snack.

8. i use anti aging products because i am scared to death of wrinkles. if i didn't look so terrible when i'm pale i would stay out of the sun completely to avoid them. i have a deep dark fear of having lines around my eyes and mouth and having a turkey neck.

9. i could spend my life savings at kate spade. i have multiple pairs of shoes, dresses, purses, jewelry, stationary, perfume.... you name it, i probably have it if it's kate spade. that started when they opened the kate spade store at southpark. i went there all the time and loved all the colorful stuff and now i buy everything. i literally collect the purses. my favorite so far is an all gold one that i use most of the time. and then of course my black "baby bag" ... i have shoes that i bought that just sit in the box, never worn, just waiting on the appropriate time and i wear them around the house every now and then for fun.

10. and lastly, since some people don't know this because i complain a lot, i do love where i am. not many people love their job, that's natural, but i do love where i am and where we live. i love the farm. i love summerton. i truly and honestly like the people here and the small town feel. i like that when i walk in the diner everyone knows who i am, sure they probably know all of my business too, but that stuff doesn't matter to me. no, brent and i don't have an exciting social calendar and we don't go out to bars, but that's not what is important to me in life. i wrote a quote the other day that everyone lives their lives differently and that's true. i don't feel like i'm missing out on anything in life by not getting drunk or going out, even when everyone pressures you to do so. i enjoy spending time with brent and doing things together like working in the garden or going for a boat ride or kayaking. everyone grows up at different times and i think my time for that is now. they say that you discover yourself in college but i'm not so sure that is true. i feel like i am discovering myself now and setting the guidelines for the rest of my life. i still love my friends and i crave more time with them, but we all live in different areas and it's harder to get together. i just hope that even though we are miles apart that we will all stay close and know what's going on in each other's lives. that's another reason for this blog. even if it is only a glimpse into my life down here.

1 comment:

  1. i wish i could "like" this... damn.

    .. and I'm your BFF, alpha charlie, not just your friend ;)

    ReplyDelete