Monday, June 20, 2011

who am i?!

It's one of those days where I wish I was back in Raleigh. Yes, I hate to say this but it's just one of those days. We decided to let Birdie sleep in the bed last night, which was a terrible idea since Brent had just given the dogs rib bones before bed... So around 4AM Birdie projectile vomits on the comforter. (Thankfully she happened to be on Brent's side of the bed at the time..) So naturally I leap from the bed, grab the dog and the comforter, and run to the door. Then I proceed to clean up the dog throw up, put a new comforter on the bed, console Brent as he is very disoriented and not sure what just happened, gather the dogs, put them in the pen, wash my hands, and try to go back to sleep....

Then 5AM comes around and it's time for Brent to get up. This time I was disoriented and wondering why someone was yelling at me about clean pants when it was still dark outside and I remembered "oh, we live on a farm and get up before the chickens do..." so I yell back that all the clothes that are folded in the laundry basket are clean and attempt to go back to sleep. Then the dogs start to bark and by now it's almost 6AM so I let them out in the yard. Sure that they wouldn't be eaten by an alligator that early in the morning, I tried to take a quick nap. Unfortunately our horrible neighbors were at the lake with their dogs and the chaos ensued. I quickly dressed in gym clothes, ran outside to grab the dogs, threw them in the car, and drove to the office. 

Nothing was new in the folders or the voicemail or email so I took the dogs to the new house to put them back in their pen. We have no water right now so they dogs will have to deal with the bucket of water that was already in there until I can figure that one out. I can't water my garden and frankly the garden is so huge now I don't even know what to do with it. My vegetables were so big once again that they were no longer good so I threw it all out into the woods. I picked the few squash and zucchini that still looked decent and put them in a crate and while fighting the gnats and the heat I jumped into the car and nailed my head on the top of the door.

I sat there for a moment and truly just missed Harris Teeter and Cameron Village and the mall and sushi and the convenience of having my bank right around the corner and getting my nails done and then I remembered how much I hated all of that when I was there. I dreamed of having a garden and dogs and living the good life in the country and I remembered something my uncle Bill told me once.. "the grass may be greener on the other side, but the bull shit is still there too," very smart that man is! 

So now I am back in the office making my to-do lists and updating spreadsheets and I thought I would take a moment to write in here. Our house is a wreck, literally, the dogs have destroyed the yard and the laundry is piled to the ceiling. We come home, unpack, pack again, and head back out the door. We just got home last night and already I've got to pack up again to head to Missouri. I have to be in Branson on Thursday morning so I'm going to try to leave early Wednesday morning and drive it in one day. It's the same distance as it was to Maine and to Wisconsin so I'm pretty used to that drive! Brent has to work so his mother has offered to go with me so we will be on a long road trip this week! But we will come back with my beautiful Lady Jane (whom we will call 'Lainey'). Then in the midst of the fourth of July, my Dad's birthday, Laura's baby shower, and Brent's birthday we will have to start packing up the house and starting the big move! I am praying we will be able to move in before they start cutting corn. 

And then once we get all moved in and settled it will be dove season, deer season, Clemson football season, and time to get married! And then it will be Thanksgiving, cutting soybeans, and then duck season, and then Christmas! Hopefully we will settle down next February :)


No comments:

Post a Comment